Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Appetite of A Burly Man, Blame it on the Heavy Lifting

Really gross how much I ate today. NO, it’s gross how much I ate just for breakfast alone, ugg. It all started in my mouth when a piece of bacon talked to my eggs and said, “let’s throw her for a loop & turn on her man-appetite.” Protein can be such a jerk sometimes. So from eggs and bacon I went to prunes (love my fiber) and an apple and some oatmeal and some almond butter (A lot) with honey.
Why didn’t someone stop me. Or at least tie my hands behind my back to slow me down.
It’s too embarrassing to continue and log my entire day, but I estimate we are talking a good 3000 calorie day of regret. Not good for weight loss but very good for any ambition towards becoming a football linebacker…
What did I learn from today’s food mania? If anything can bring on a burly appetite, it’s absolutely burly-man behavior. 
Two things can be contributed to this drama in my belly:
1. Strong woman class at my gym two days ago. (I think it’s okay to blame something from two days ago, right??) If you want to be a BEAST (I do!) you must lift, throw and pull like one. We’re talking sledgehammers, tire flips and heavy farmer carries (55# in each hand) I LOVE these badass moves!
2. Max back squat today 175# on my back, SWEET! I originally thought I did 185 but I definitely only did 175. (figured out after I already bragged to someone about 185, oops) Not a PR today, but I matched my 2 year ago PR. I am so proud of my body! Also, had zero people spotting or coaching me so it was 100% self inflicted, meh.
The best part of my day was when a fellow gym-goer asked if I was training for a show! I was so flattered!!! Maybe that’s because my red fire-truck engine face is often times a dead-give away to my breaking point.
Here’s my workout: 
Run 1/2 mile
Row 1000 Meters
20 Medicine ball slams (14#)
20 Box jumps (24”)
20 Push ups
20 Sit ups
3X
Back squats:
10, 10, 7, 5, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1
working up to 175#
Random running and rowing, at which point I realized my body was pretty pooped
Pooped puppy. This guy has it right

and the dry sauna began whispering lovingly to me. So, I spent 10 minutes sweating out all the water I drank in 2013. It was marvelous. 

http://grass-fed-fitness.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment