Computers crash, there are unexpected glitches, traffic jams ensue, telephone service snarls up, letters get lost on the mail, machinery breaks down, new projects fail miserably. Ah, yes, the trickster Mercury is up to his old pranks again.
Personally, I do believe in astrology and all that jazz, but don't call me a fanatic, I don't live my life by the stars, I usually only gain an little understanding of myself and others with the info. Aquarius' are usually like this. I don't read my horoscope daily because there are too many sources to try to assimilate. Most of them can be categorized as nin-compoop! However, from my experience there is something that I think we all should pay attention to. It is something that happens usually 3-4 times per calendar year and is well worth noting.
Here is what I found to somewhat explain what Mercury Retrograde is. Even if you write down the mercury dates of the current year just for kicks, I promise you will be amazed. I guarantee you will notice the effects yourself without any arm twisting or hocus-pocus talks of aliens, ghosts, or spirits to convince you.
When Mercury is Retrograde
My own personal cases in point:
1) Our flight to Minnesota was cancelled
2) Cancelled a stroller walk with play date due to a sudden sickness
3) Tried to call pediatrician today and the call was disconnected 3 times and then the woman at office could not hear me
4) Contractor was scheduled to come out for estimate today & had to reschedule. All contractors have this flakey reputation, but I am still proving my point here so bear with me
5) Texted my Dad to confirm our weekly tennis and never heard back (that one is very odd because I still haven't heard back and it's two days later)
Historically, mercury retrograde was going on in October 2008 during the big stock crash as well as during the Presidential election of 2000 when the Florida voting was messed up & Bush won the election.