Saturday, April 26, 2014

Six-Pack Abs, Yes I'll Have Some of That. And Vegas

As of today, there are 40 days until Vegas. It's all happening so sudden... 

My effort has been sub-par in my goal of a visible six pack in 60 days (see prior post.) There has not been any slacking off at the gym, but maybe I've been a little hazy about my goal for abs of steel. Now I see with amazing clarity that the clock is ticking, the alluring Vegas pools await, and this girl has got some serious work to do!
My idea of Perfection. Who needs a face with a body like that
Tips to Six-Pack Abs:

1. Lower your body fat percentage. You don't want razor sharp abs and then a layer of cushioning over them. Think more FAT LOSS instead of weight loss. I am not willing to have my body fat tested, but I know it needs to be LESS. As of today, I am able to feel my 6 pack at certain times when I am sucking my belly in and also pushing out at same time. What?! That's weird sounding- I know, just keep reading.
What helps you drop fat fast: 
A. Lift heavy stuff! weights, rocks, bears, cars - get after it!
B. Interval sprints - make-you-vomit bursts of energy
C. Intermittent fasting - this works for everything!
D. Tabata - maybe with burpees, squats, power cleans- go hard
E. High Intensity Resistance Training - go here


Nothing like a Christmas Abbott to motivate, thank you
2. Eat clean - Eating clean means different things to different folks. Are there foods which make your tummy rumble & ache? We both know what you should do, toss them. Also, bad foods (think everything that's processed) will cause your body to hold onto water weight ((B-L-O-A-T-I-N-G)) and they’re hurting your gut. If your gut isn't happy, you are not either; believe me. Happy gut = Happy life.
The opposite of motivation. His thumb should be pointed down
3. Take fish oil- Cod Liver Oil is my besty (awe, I do love you, you slimey goo of health). Fish oil helps reduce both fat and my personal enemy, inflammation. Liquid fish oil is better than capsules for your body to assimilate so ideally you want to buy the lemon flavored liquid cod liver oil. Trust me, if purchased correctly, you won’t even know you are drinking fish parts and you will not have burps (if you know what these are like, you know they are right up there with wheat grass shots). Add a smidgen of juice to yours if you really need to. 
4. Drink your water!  Three quarts a day is a jumping off point but try to exceed that for good measure. You can’t flush the fat without a medium to flush it. Also, water can be a sentimental support friend you lean on when in need. Serious. Water can fill you up when your evil self is considering those foods you usually waiver against. As an experiment, I dare you to consecutively chug 3 large glasses of water & then think about eating...anything...at...all. It can't be done - you will be too full of h20 to consume even one chia seed. Try it, I dare you.

5. Work out like you effing mean it. My favorite part, I got this! Focus on compound exercises that will use the whole body and also burn calories after you strut out of the gym.Think thrusters, snatches, overhead squats - all fun, heart pounding movements that beat standard cardio to a bloody pulp. Just make sure the movements are done fast & you aren't wasting time meandering during reps. Go hard, go fast & turn up your beast mode playlist. Get your playlist right here
I bet she has a six pack under there!
Also, I personally pledge to be doing a butt-load of toes to bar, knees to elbow & V-Ups for the next 40 days.That's going to build confidence in my bashful 6-pack and prepare it for its premier party in Sin City. That and because toes to bar are my psychotic idea of a damn good time. As in, if toes to bar is there, then the party is on!
Promise to keep you updated & take pics of my progress!

This was when I had 60 days left to Vegas, tic toc

No comments:

Post a Comment